Ep21- The Truth about Vaccines, Bitcoin Volatility and The Wuhan Lab Leak Hypothesis
Join Paul and Scott as they explore current headlines. In this episode, they pick some interesting headlines and discuss the selected articles. In the process, they shine the all-seeing eye of critical thinking on the content.
In these headline episodes of Mentally Unscripted, you'll learn how to read mainstream news stories with a critical eye. You'll see how Paul and Scott identify biases and fallacies in the articles. You'll also learn to identify missing information. And you'll see how they apply mental models in evaluating the articles.
So strap in and enjoy. It's a fun ride.
- Half of US states have fully vaccinated at least 50% of adults. We need to keep going to prevent future outbreaks, official says
- Bitcoin Volatility Put Weekend Traders on Stomach-Churning Ride
- China Mines More Bitcoin Than Anywhere Else. The Government Wants That to Stop
- The Wuhan Lab and Gain-of-Function Disagreement
Mental Models discussed:
- Correlation Does Not Imply Causation
- Cost / Benefit
- Illusion of Control
- Root Cause Analysis
- Identify Assumptions
- Base Rates
- Bayesian Updating
- Probabilistic Thinking